Inaugurated in 1990, the Civic Archaeological Museum gathers together remains from the Bronze Age which were found in the Lavagnone area, a small lakeside hollow, reclaimed and later cultivated. In 1873, when the peat was being extracted from the infra-morainic hollow a few kilometres south of Desenzano, the remains of a lakeside dwelling, along with other archaeological finds, came to light: pots, flint, bone and bronze artefacts.
Dedicated to Giovanni Rambotti, discoverer of the lake-dwellers settlement of Polada, the museum is comprised of four sections, including the period from the Mesolithic to the Bronze Age.
The most historically important object on show is a plough which dates back to 2000 B.C. – built entirely of wood, made from one solid piece of oak. Although not very famous it is the oldest example ever discovered, not only in Italy but all over the world. The quantity of artefacts, for daily use, is noteworthy.
Viale Tommaso dal Molin, 7, 25015 Desenzano del Garda – Italy
+ 39 030 914 4529